Old August 23rd 08, 10:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
raypsi raypsi is offline

Default Sending power into rig unused for 30 years : Precautions ?

On Aug 22, 2:52 pm, Tim Shoppa wrote:

I think that turning it on, blowing up the capacitors that are gonna
blow up,
who really wants to see smoke
coming out at least once in a while.

You been watching to much myth busters?

Only gotcha, if the bad capacitor takes out a transformer, that's a
PITA. Not that I've never rewound bad transformers or rewound them for
a project, but having to rewind a transformer just because I was
impatient is a little embarassing.

I think you going to has to jump the fuse to get away with that?
Nothing I hate more than shorted parts especially a shorted fuse.

73 OM
n8zu