Old August 23rd 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave WB3DWE Dave WB3DWE is offline

Default How do you get a ground rod to 6 feet ?

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:29:03 GMT, "Wayne"
wrote:

-
I lived for many years in the Dallas area. The caliche was down about 2
feet and was about a foot thick. I had to dig a hole with a shovel down to
the caliche, then use a heavy hammer and long chisel to get through the
caliche. Then, backfill and proceed as normal. Don't know what your
configuration would be. Good luck.

Thanks Wayne.
As a last resort I will hack a trench with a pick and lay in the rod
at a shallow angle to the surface. Would this give an adequate
ground ? I could also bond it to an outdoor brass spigot
10 yards away or even to an anchor fence in the other direction.
Dave WB3DWE