Old August 25th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Rollie Rollie is offline

Default Mounting an Antron 99 in a tricky spot. HELP!

You mentioned a peaked roof, maybe someone could install the antenna on a
channelmaster "Eave Mount". Not much hardware and only a few lags to fasten
it and they work very well, especially for an antenna the size of a 99, Lots
of luck, Rollie

"VooDoo 169" wrote in message
Greetings, Group!
I have a question and I hope you nice folx can help me out. I've been
a CB'er for over 20 years but I'm not a tech so I'd like some advice
on how to mount my Antron 99 in a tricky spot. Here's the situation.
I live in an apartment complex in the end apartment of 3 on the west
side. The peaked roof is about 30-40 feet high and I have power lines
behind the apartment where I plan to mount this thing no less than 20
feet from my back door but they're about 12-15 feet high, that's it.

I want to mount my Antron against the apartment in the back but how?
Don't laugh, I'm not a tech, just a single woman living alone so I
need a simple, push up pole and ground design I can do myself. I can
hire a guy to get on the roof if I must, money ain't a thang. Do I
need to mount it in cement? I'd like something pseudo-permanent that
I can did up and take with when I move. I'm not a nomad but just in
case.

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated. I need to do this right
the first time. I work constantly and don't have a lot of time to
phuque around with it. Thanks, People!

VooDoo 169