Old July 20th 03, 06:10 AM
Dr. Anton Squeegee

In article , Rick Disney
says...

Greetings ,

Got my hands on a Heathkit HW-101..It's low preset is 3.5 and the center
tuner only
adds 500 hz...Navy Mars operates at 4470.5. ..Any help?

I've not had experience with that specific radio, but... assuming
it's a simple VFO, it should be a simple matter to tweak coil(s),
capacitor(s), or both to bring the low end up a bit. If you're going to
tweak coils, I suggest using a grid dip meter to find a good spot.

You should probably get hold of the manual for the unit first. Do
a google search for 'W7FG vintage manuals.'

Good hunting.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)