Old August 26th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default LPAM Part 15 Transmitter BCB

"KC0EH" wrote in message
I am looking to buy a synthesized low power AM BCB transmitter for around the
house . Homebrew ok. Please state brand , condition , price .

Thanks ,
Charlie , W5COV

In case you don't get any bites on anything more to your liking, Ramsey has a
kit at
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi...ction&key=AM25.
I have one, and have used it for the past 3 years with no problems. The only
thing I can suggest if you settle for this unit is to scrap the supplied wall
wart and get a regulated, filtered 12-15V power supply. It solves a problem
with hum and distortion that the supplied power supply causes. Ramsey has known
about this problem for a long time... don't know if they still ship the kit
with the bad PSU.
Download the manual from their site to get an idea of the complexity of the kit.

Cheers!!!!
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end, the faster
it goes.