Old August 26th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default WTB - 1967 ARRL Operators Manual

W9HGO wrote:
On Aug 26, 10:59 am, Chuck Harris wrote:
W9HGO wrote:
Richard how come you don't put your call letters
in your signature?

I don't know about Richard, but I keep my call letters
off of my internet activities because the FCC database
is freely searchable, and has my station address in it.

There are some real nutcases out on the internet. Do you
really want to make it easy for one of them to come and
visit you?

-Chuck

Chuck,

That's a good point.
I am used to just using it in closed groups.
Google does expose us to a much greater audience.

Hi Harry,

What you are posting this on right now is not a closed google group!

It is usenet, one of the oldest widely used ports (119) on the internet.

Everything you post here is completely uncontrolled, unregulated and
available to anyone worldwide.

Google happens to archive everything that shows up on usenet.

Richard,

Thanks for the advice, I have already learned the code,
Used Chuck Adams code course, I hear great things about
G4FON but being a MAC and LInux user, it is unavailable to me.

I find that many of those sorts of programs work just fine under
linux using wine. And those that need DOS work just fine under
linux using dosemu with freedos. You will probably need to adjust
dosemu's pseudo processor speed for proper function.

-Chuck