Old August 27th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Syl Syl is offline

Default WTB : LPAM Part 15 Transmitter BCB

Tio Pedro a écrit :

Syl

I believe it meets the FCC regs regarding "homemade" Part
15 devices; and would be limited to the maximum number
of units allowed per individual--five, if I recall correctly.

Pete

Dear Senor Pedro,

That "part" is unclear to me. I try to understand what makes
a transmitter Part 15 compliant when homemade as opposed
to a commercial unit. Does the 100mw input still holds
(but owner/builder doesn't have to get "approved" by FCC) or
is it a don't get caught transmitting on a commercial
frequency -i.e. create interferences- and you'll do fine thing ?

Syl