Old August 27th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John Byrns[_2_] John Byrns[_2_] is offline

Default WTB : LPAM Part 15 Transmitter BCB

In article , Syl
wrote:

Tio Pedro a écrit :

Syl

I believe it meets the FCC regs regarding "homemade" Part
15 devices; and would be limited to the maximum number
of units allowed per individual--five, if I recall correctly.

Pete

Dear Senor Pedro,

That "part" is unclear to me. I try to understand what makes
a transmitter Part 15 compliant when homemade as opposed
to a commercial unit. Does the 100mw input still holds
(but owner/builder doesn't have to get "approved" by FCC) or
is it a don't get caught transmitting on a commercial
frequency -i.e. create interferences- and you'll do fine thing ?

I would have to check the CFR to be sure, but IIRC building a homemade Part 15
compliant transmitter doesn't absolve you from the basic requirements for
operation in the MW broadcast band like keeping the DC input power to the final
below 100 mW and the length of the antenna/ground system to 3 meters or less, I
think homemade status only eliminates the need to do the more complex
certification tests necessary for commercial units.

I also suspect that if you are using a Part 15 transmitter, either homemade or
commercial, and it interferes with a commercial frequency, then it is your
responsibility to resolve the interference problem, or shut the transmitter
down, I don't think commercial units get any special privileges in this regard,
although again I would have to check the CFR to be sure.

--
Regards,

John Byrns