Old August 27th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Michael[_4_] Michael[_4_] is offline

Default Mounting an Antron 99 in a tricky spot. HELP!

Don't count yourself out on a general license. You don't have to be
smart. You just have to be committed. I got my general when I was 11. I
did not understand the theory at all. However, I was committed and
memorized all of the questions.

I realize that this was probably a poor way to get my license, but I
really wanted it and I was too young and stupid to understand the theory.

Lloyd Davies wrote:
"Ron" anon @anon wrote in message ...
Back when I had this problem I used a loop of copper wire around the
ceiling of my apartment. I put another loop around the floor around the
base boards for a radial and I was actually able to transmit quite well
and didn't cause any interference to my neighbors televisions.

But I was only runnning 25 watts out.

I still run that setup in my apartment and I'm too stupid to pass the
no-code test so I'll remain a technichian for life!