Old July 20th 03, 09:38 PM
R Packer II

Default IC706 Headset adapter?

I have a Flightcom headset that I picked up off of eBay for a small penny,
and I was wondering if I can interface it into an IC706 for working
contests/DX/everyday ops? It isn't a mkii or anything if that matters. I
know the headphone part of it can just plug in to the phones jack, but how
would I modify the mic to work with it? I am willing to tear apart the mic
to interface it, but I am unsure of what ohms the mic cartridge in the
headset is. It has a stereo style plug on it, so I can only assume it is a
powered element. Any help would be appreciated. 73!

Ron - kc8ulu