Old August 28th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default ( OT) McCain in a Landslide !

Art Harris wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
You missed the point....Agreeing with your statements above, the
noise is the claim that 47 millions Americans don't have health
insurance and that constitutes a crisis. The fact is, that there are
those who don't have it, and don't want it, rendering that 47
million figure a misrepresentation of the actual issue under
discussion

Most "don't want it" for the same reason I don't want a Rolls Royce
(too expensive). And then there are young people who think they're
going to stay healthy and live forever. But when they're on death's
door, they will go to the emergency room and the rest of us will pick
up the tab.

The number of Americans who truly don't want health insurance is very
small.

That may be true. I know, however, in my circles of
colleagues/friends, only 1 in 3 has health insurance, and those that
do not have it, do not want it. The number nationwide may be
surprising. But it's a number that's not reported.

All of your points about those who want health insurance are
valid. And I'm not arguing with any of them. You are correct.

My point is that to claim everyone who is not insured is in
crisis is disingenuous. If not misleading.