Old August 28th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default Mounting an Antron 99 in a tricky spot. HELP!

"Michael" wrote in message
m...

snip

I got my general when I was 11. I
did not understand the theory at all. However, I was committed and
memorized all of the questions.

I realize that this was probably a poor way to get my license, but I
really wanted it and I was too young and stupid to understand the theory.

But you overcame that (or you'd not be in this NG). Good for you.

Some older adult hams show a similar lack of understanding and, being in
their sixties and seventies, will probably not become technically savvy.
For a few, the gear cannot be made automatic enough. They need constant
coaching.

[I had to delete a rambling, ill-mannered rant from here. Everything I said
applied to me at some point, too.]