Old August 28th 08, 06:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Baluns?

dbc254 wrote in news:110c0833-aa68-4266-b599-
:

Everyone makes fun of newbies buying ready-built dipoles on eBay, but
nobody can direct you to where to buy baluns? Searched hi and lo
online, and what I found, was more expensive than buying a ready-made
dipole! I'd like to buy a balun, and attach my own cut-to-length
wire, but can't find cheap baluns ANYWHERE.

Where are you Elmers buying your baluns?

I think you haven't tried very hard.

No endorsement:

http://www.thewireman.com/baluns.html

The above will have components you can use to make your own... a real
learning exercise.

dxengineering.com

Owen