Old August 28th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Billy Burpelson[_2_] Billy Burpelson[_2_] is offline

Default ( OT) McCain in a Landslide !

D Peter Maus wrote:

I know, however, in my circles of colleagues/friends, only 1 in 3 has
health insurance, and those that do not have it, do not want it.

Fair enough...but could you please elaborate.

*WHY* "don't they want it"? I presume they are around your (retirement)
age. Are they *all* -exceptionally- healthy? Are they *all*
-exceptionally- wealthy?

As age and illness creeps up on them (as it does to 98% of all us), what
will they do the day they become sick? What will YOU do if, heaven
forbid, you have an accident with your motorcycle? Write a check? Go to
the ER and expect others to pay for them? Ask to be set out on the curb
to die? Is it remotely possible that some of them can't afford it and
are too ashamed to admit it? Please elaborate as to why they don't
have/"don't want" insurance.

It truly seems a bit of a stretch to extrapolate you and your 3 buddies
to the rest of the 47 million.