Old August 28th 08, 06:59 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default Mounting an Antron 99 in a tricky spot. HELP!

"JB" wrote in message
But you overcame that (or you'd not be in this NG). Good for you.

Some older adult hams show a similar lack of understanding and, being in
their sixties and seventies, will probably not become technically savvy.
For a few, the gear cannot be made automatic enough. They need constant
coaching.

[I had to delete a rambling, ill-mannered rant from here. Everything I

said
applied to me at some point, too.]

It's like the guy that buys a sailboat and can't find the start button.

Too
late to realize you need a Capt., 1st mate, Navigator, Engineer,
Electrician, Bilge Rat, Chief, Cook and bottle washer on board. If not

you
better bring a friend who is.

Oh, that reminds me of a radio call I heard on a VHF Marine radio. Bunch
of happy young drunks offshore on somebody's Dad's boat, lost at night, in
the fog off Dana Point CA.

NOBODY knew a whit about navigation. Asked the USCG to come get them.
CG radio op said he could refer them to a commercial tow outfit for big
bucks.
They figured it out.