Old July 22nd 03, 02:50 AM
W5DXP

Jim Kelley wrote:

W5DXP wrote:
Has wave cancellation suddenly become a point of contention?

It was our point of contention for months. Finally, you relented.

Your latest example obviously shows the weakness in your argument.

It obviously shows the strength of my argument since you avoid
discussing it at all costs. :-)

You have not presented an iota of evidence that Pref2 does not travel
rearward.

The absence of any evidence that it does presents a more formidable
problem, in my opinion.

I quoted the evidence from Ramo & Whinnery. You just ignored it.

I've answered the question every time it was posed.

But your "answer" is always a bogus non-answer, an empty mantra.

Energy does not get turned around - it never
flows to the left of the discontinuity.

According to Ramo & Whinnery, reflected energy does indeed flow
rearward from a mismatched load. That reflected energy possesses
momentum in the rearward direction and changes direction at the
impedance discontinuity. You still have not offered an acceptable
explanation for that energy and momentum turn around.

What reason can you provide for continuing to beat your neice?

Your only response is a diversion. That speaks volumes.

I was the one who
INSISTED that no power ever flowed back from the discontinuity. In fact
you argued with me about it.

I NEVER argued with you about that. You are back to your lying ways.
I would NEVER argue with a Bird wattmeter? You obviously have me
confused with Dr. Best. In fact, I published part of my article
saying that everything takes place at exactly the impedance discontinuity
and nowhere else. Having to lie about what I have said is just proof of
the weakness of your argument.

I'm sorry, Jim. I refuse to engage in a discussion at your chosen ethical
and moral level. It was a mistake to try again to be civil to you.

The wave is transformed at a load. It doesn't simply "cease to exist".

The energy in the wave is transformed from RF to heat by the dummy
load. The RF wave certainly does cease to exist. You're not back to
your phantom waves that last forever without a source of energy, are
you?
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP