Old September 4th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default (OT) Nikola Tesla.The Forgotten Wizard.

In article ,
"Frank Dresser" wrote:

"Billy Burpelson" wrote in message

Frank Dresser wrote:

Did Tesla have any particular interest in radio?

Nah...he was just the inventor of radio, that's all. See below.

This Supreme Court ruling came out shortly after Tesla's death. The case
was Tesla vs Marconi (and thus m II's reference above to Marconi)...

From Wikipedia:

In 1943, the Supreme Court of the United States credited him [Tesla] as

being the inventor of the radio.

The Supreme Court can get it wrong. They also asserted that Lee de Forest
invented the regenerative detector.

But what is radio? Is it just tuned circuits or is it the transmission of
intelligence using radio waves? As far as I know, Nikola Tesla didn't have
much more interest in the communication potential for radio than Tom Edison
had in the "Edison Effect".

And, lets not forget that Heinrich Hertz's experimental apparatus could have
also been used to transmit information with radio waves.

But, I'm sure we can all agree it was a good thing for radio that the
broadcast power scheme failed.

Tesla actually the first RC boat and demonstrated it before an audience.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California