Old September 4th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default Radio St. Helena Day 08.

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
officially.

But in casual conversations with my broadcast colleagues, (as during
lunch with Kipper, Thursday, it expressed an area of specific dimensions,
and commercial implications that current terminology expresses with other
parameters and in a more verbally cumbersome way. He understood what I was
saying. I understood what I was saying. Two Ringwraiths speaking Orc.

Kipper, whoever he is, as well as you, should know that there is a current,
well understood substitute for ADI called the DMA and is the only non-Metro
definition that will be enduring. Arbitron shed the ADI definition when they
quit TV, decades ago. And even the TSA disappears with the PPM.

DMA speaks to current TV markets. ADI speaks to the ones of the 70's...
pre-cable (although not pre-CATV) and pre-satellite and such.