Old September 4th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Odd Piece of Coaxial Cable

Cecil Moore wrote:
Sal M. Onella wrote:
Among the SK's posessions was a one-foot
piece of RG-8 or RG-213 which he had carefully modified by cutting away
about 3/16 inch of the jacket and braid all around the circumference
of the
cable, near its middle. I am not sure what use this would be to a ham.
Ideas?

It's probably a poor-man's slotted line. A needle is
inserted through the center insulation to access the
voltage on the center conductor.

Sorry, I misunderstood the description. It is probably
part of a loop antenna.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com