Old September 5th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jon Mcleod Jon Mcleod is offline

Default E-Field across MEAT

A few weeks ago, I asked about generating an 140kHz electric field
across a leaf, part of a bio-med lab. Thanks for the answers. But it
turns out I misread the roster and was in the wrong group.

What I ACTUALLY NEED to do is generate a 100kHz electric field, at
1v/cm, across a T-Bone steak, to measure whether it retards or
accelerates decomposition over time. The hypothesis is that the e-field
retards growth of certain bacteria inside the meat.

By design, we have not been instructed exactly how to construct the
methods and apparatus. I have at my disposal a function generator and
various amplifiers.

It is a gross oversimplification to just connect one wire to one end of
the steak, and another wire at the other end, and apply 20V RMS across a
20cm steak to generate 1V/cm?

Thanks. Sorry about the idiot questions.