Old September 6th 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default Odd Piece of Coaxial Cable

wrote in message
..

FWIW, there are several projects in the ARRL pubs, mostly for RDF, that
use a short piece of coax exactly as described as a loop.

I've seen some in books and on the 'net. Years ago, I did a one-week job on
a Coast Guard cutter and I got to see some HF loop antennas that are
standard issue for cutters. I do not recall with certainty whether they
were transmit or receive or both, but I think they were both, but not at the
same time, as certain USN fanwire antennas are.

HRO in San Diego usually has at least one HF loop on display.

"Sal"