Old September 6th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

Default baluns n chokes n stuff

In article ,
Cecil Moore wrote:

ml wrote:
dunno it's strange in all that confusion obviously we all pick
what we interpert and believe to be best but i hate when that happens

Baluns are not unique. Religions, politics, investment advice,
brands of vehicles, flavors of ice cream, sexual attraction,
life styles, ... - "We all pick what we interpret and believe
to be the best" in virtually every aspect of our lives.

My personal preference is a 1:1 current-choke-balun with
thousands of ohms of choking impedance, either resistive
and/or reactive.

wanted to say thanks much to all those that responded really
appreciate the thoughts

i guess for me, the 'easy ' way out (when in doubt) is after i do
something to take measurements, if i dont see what i should i
presume i did it wrong,

never hurts to double check with testing or to buy test gear and
tools

thanks again all