Old September 6th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Heterodyne conversion crystals

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
m...

"Tio Pedro" wrote in message

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out a reason.
But, I think you hit the nail on the head. It fits right in
with the obsolescence of the FCC 1st and 2nd Class
Radiotelephone tickets.

Pete

They may as well have done away with the FCC tickets. I passed the 1st
class test at 22 years of age in 1972 on the first try for the ticket. I
had never seen a TV transmitter, but had the ticket to work on them.

Maybe
years ago it was differant and a harder test.
Thought I wanted to get into the 2 way repair business, but never did.

When
I took the test it was only one dollar more for the first class, so took

it
and passed
Most of the tests are made so any idiot can pass them.

*Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be radio techs.*

I did the Advanced Ham ticket, then 2nd phone when I was 17 and got sucked
into MNSO immediately.

Nobody cares about the FCC tickets but the Gov't. The private industry
actually holds it against you because you have rules and they don't.
And I'm worn out from always being threatened by people with guns and billy
clubs who's first instinct is to smash something if it seems uncooperative.
Then there's the hams "bless their hearts" who put me out of business by
doing free work. Retirement is sweet but I'm dirt poor.