Old September 7th 08, 07:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Billy Smith Billy Smith is offline

Default First HF QSO 2,000+ Miles on 10 Watts

"Dave" wrote in message
I was tweaking my VOX settings while transmitting some text and a guy gave
me a 599 from Palmyra Virginia.

Ten-Tec 516 Argonaut V. Top loaded mast w/ half sloper. Santa Clara
River at Sand Canyon Rd.

The Argonaut V is a cool little SDR transceiver; very high-tech innards;
looks like a CB.

http://www.arrl.org/news/features/20...argo-V-lrg.jpg

Transmitting is fun.

Nice contact and a good way to get started. My first contact was actually to
a station in the Dominican Republic from the Midwest about 1500 or so miles