Old September 8th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Coupling a T2FD to a S350DL

Bubblesdee wrote:

Once again, I appreciate everyones help. This continues to be a great
learing experience.

Oh, Bubblesdee, do not think "I know something." I have watched far
stranger "hook-ups" than what we debate, work!

If you have the core, if you have the wire, you can attempt multiple
configurations, hook them up to your receiver, and "KNOW FOR CERTAIN!"
Wind 'em one way, then the other. If you do as "he" did, on a PCB, they
a tough with a soldering iron, a few turns in the opposite
direction--you have learned something new (self-education!)--the world
it yours, quit asking these "dummies" and KNOW!

I am "caustic" to some of the "know it alls'" here, just because they
are stupid and I have done the homework to know it ...

I honestly would expect the author in question noted an improvement,
recorded it in his text--and let it stand. I would not be so surprised
if you duplicated his instructions and met with an improvement(s) in the
direction you are headed--indeed, this is the major reason I "passed
them along to you."

Too often, you only find "idiots" here ... :-)

Good luck, "wind 'em a few ways", experiment, you have data close enough
to achieve you ends easily, with only a few tweaks!

Warmest regards
JS

--
It is like a nightmare where the public servants are the people which
the police are supposed to protect us from!