Old September 9th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] dfinn1@nc.rr.com is offline

Default Food for thought

On Sep 8, 8:04*pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I do believe it was in the early 1800s ...

*From Wikipedia: "Some confine the Little Ice Age to
approximately the 16th century to the mid 19th century."
--
73, Cecil *http://www.w5dxp.com

It was recently reported that zero sunspots were recorded in August of
this year. However, there must be some charged material up there since
I consistently hear CQ's from Europe in the morning hours and Western
states (and sometime Europe in the afternoons) on 20m. The Maritime
Mobile net is alive and well. I know there's nothing on 10m, which I
believe should be more more utilized in the FM mode with repeaters to
promote local utilization. Otherwise the unlicensed 18 wheeler
transportation industry will take it over for us.