Old September 9th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

Default Quick Rooftop Antenna For Channel 2?

In article lNSwk.747$1x6.137@edtnps82,
"Frank" wrote:

The Jets' games are carried on channel 2 New York, which is 102 miles
as the crow flies from my house. Football packages on satellite TV
are beyond present financial condition. I only care about channel 2,
New York.

I thought all VHF television transmission will be discontinued as of
February 2009. Building a VHF antenna would seem to be a
wasted effort. You need to think how you can receive the
same station on UHF digital. There are plenty of UHF antennas
available; you may also need a low noise, mast-head, pre-amplifier
to get a good signal.

Regards,

Frank

hmm I thought not all the channels will necessarily change meaning
some of the vhf stations will still be there just switching from analog
to digital?

i have received some tv stations from about 100m away from
nyc in the catskill region, perhaps the natural elevation helped

but in that same area of ct i have also received ch 2 using
regular antenna however receving the ny ch wasn't the problem
the closer local ch 2 was more of an issue so pic wasn't
perfect

i used a regular but large radioshack antenna and coax