Old July 26th 03, 09:31 AM
ray

I got a FM broadcast band radio from the dollar store. In it it has a
16 pin SMD IC of unknown brand. Although I plan using these for my
10Ghz gunnplexers. There is one coil and a varactor diode. They use
push button up tuning and another to reset to the low end of the band.
I don't find any parts for an IF so it must be a TRF style receiver.
It has a stereo headphone jack but it's not stereo, and the headphone
cable is used for the antenna, And it runs off of 3 VDC. I'd like to
know what this chip is so I can take it down to 30Mhz.

Later,
Ray KC8OJU

wrote in message . ..
Can anyone reccomend a good small surface mount FM receiver chip that is currently availible?

Is it possible to do FM reception with a Direct conversion RX and some simple DSP?

Paul (Kl7JG)