Old September 9th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike[_2_] Mike[_2_] is offline

Default Sept 8 Afternoon Logs

On Sep 9, 11:45*am, "MNMikeW" wrote:
How you doing, Mike?

Mike
Louisville, KY

Pretty well Mike, you? I build a cabin in Wisc. last summer and I'm looking
to get some kind of SW antenna hooked up. I have a 10-80 dipole and a 100 ft
longwire sitting around and not sure what to put up. Will be used on either
a ratshack Dx394 or a Dx392.

I've tried using my Grundig reel antenna with not very good results on
either radio.

Glad to hear that you're doing well! A cabin in Wisconsin sounds like
a great place for a DX shack, so I hope you get one of those antennas
up and going. I don't know much about the DX394, but I got a DX390
(same as the 392, but no casette) off of eBay last year and I'm pretty
impressed with what that portable can do with not much as an antenna.
Unfortunately, I live in an urban industrial area, but I've found that
I can find some sweet spots for shortwave reception in the strangest
spots. There is a corner of the parking lot where I work where my
radios seem to come to life on just their whips, despite being
adjacent to a stretch of urban interstate.

Post some logs when you get that antenna up, OK? Take care,

Mike
Louisville, KY
WA4009SWL