Old September 10th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
AJ Lake AJ Lake is offline

Default CW is a hobby (off topic BWTH)

"JB" wrote:

I hate Google Streets. It would seem to be an invasion of privacy for
someone to go around taking pictures.

Many people feel this way.

The only use is if you are trying to buy or sell a house.

As I said I use it to see where my contacts live. On occasion I even get to
see the tower and/or antennas. I used it scope out my old neighborhoods in
the Chicago area where I lived as a kid. Also recently I was recently able
to scope out a good parking lot on the beach at Pacific Beach CA (and
actually able to read to read the parking sign hours) prior to driving
there. So I find lots uses for it.

My PO box is on my license.

If somebody really wants to find you they can. If you give your call it
would be duck soup to find where you live, even using a PO box. But even
posting anonymously here on Usenet we can be found. The best advice is not
to make anyone mad enough to want devote the resources and time it requires
to do it.

I still loved to hang on 40 CW

Maybe we have QSOed in the past. My computer log goes back to 1990.
Unfortunately my paper logs are long gone. Give me your call and I'll
check..... ;-)