Old September 11th 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Light,Lazers and HF

Roy Lewallen wrote:
wrote:

Of course.

Everyone knows the gain of a parabola is directly proportional to
the size in wavelengths, or:

G=10*log k(pi*D/L)^2

Where G= gain in DB over an isotropic, k ~ .55 for most real parabolas,
D is the diameter, and L is the wavelength (wavelength and diameter
in the same units.

So a 2,000 foot parabola on 20m would have just about 58db gain.

Hm. I get 47.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Hmm, when I use 14 Mhz and 6 decimal places I get 37; must have fat
fingered it the first time.

Working backward from 47 I get a wavelength of 21 feet.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.