Old November 13th 03, 12:17 PM
Cecil Moore

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:
Back to the behavior of coils and RF current distribution, isn't the same thing
happening in a PI tank of amplifiers? At one end we have hi impedance (tube
side) low current, at the antenna end we have low impedance high current?
Another case when current across the coil CAN be different?

A PI tank is a three or four terminal network so the difference is
understandable. The basic problem seems to be in considering the coil
in an antenna to be a two terminal lumped component when it really
is a 2+ terminal network including attenuated reflections, displacement
currents, and multiple paths to ground.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp