Old September 11th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

Default elevator noise part deaux

In article ,
Richard Clark wrote:

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:58:47 -0400, ml wrote:

i took my ft817 shut the other elevator off and moving the rig
around i see i got no interference from the computer board getting
near the magnetek big time noise

Hi Myles,

One thing that I observed in the PDF you supplied was the Input Power
specification that states:
Line Impedance: 3% without choke / 1% with choke
Check to see if the input power is choked.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

previously i can say there was no chokes power went right into the
unit

today we installed the line filters they have some chokes

i noticed that line, in the manual, not really sure what it means
the power as supplied by con ed is rock solid as far as volts etc
power here is great

maybe i had a rough day , not sure what they mean by impedance
i mean i know what impedance is per say but not applied to 3phase
are they implying that say if one leg is %3 off phase or has
lower voltage or like a spike?

i also checked the pwm settings they were at default

thanks very much for taking a look Rich appreciate it