Old July 27th 03, 01:46 PM
Paul Burridge

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:25:11 GMT, (John Crighton)
wrote:

Hello Paul,
it is time to dump that receiver and start again. It is too
small and tiddly and I know you do not like surface
mount size components. I would imagine that you
have plenty of room inside that robot of yours to
take a fairly large die cast box. My suggestion is
find a radio control receiver that you can get
circuit diagrams for or build one from scratch
on large pieces of printed circuit board using
"ugly construction" or "dead bug construction".
Google those terms and you will see what I am
talking about.

Thanks for the suggestion, John. It *does* make a lot of sense, I must
admit. Hadn't considered that possibility, to be honest. I've never
been a fan of dead bug construction - there's no satisfaction in
seeing the finished job - so may well have a stab at using regular,
proper-sized discretes along the same lines. And yes, there's no
shortage of space, either. Way to go over the long term, I reckon.
Thanks again.
--

"I believe history will be kind to me, since I intend
to write it." - Winston Churchill