Old September 13th 08, 10:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike[_2_] Mike[_2_] is offline

Default More Firedrakes!

On Sep 13, 2:11�am, Telamon
wrote:

The chinese music jamming all over the bands is normal at my location.
Normal being most days or nights.
That chinese opera they play is the most annoying.

You have more than one radio so tune one in and search on another and
you will find out at least several frequencies in sync with each other.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon,

Yes, when I lived out West the Chinese and Soviet regionals were
broadcasters I spent a lot of time DXing using the exact techniques
you describe, during all times of the day. Now that I'm in Kentucky,
I'm pretty much limited to a brief period around 1200 UTC and between
2100 - 0000 UTC for Far Eastern signals, like the Music Jammers.
Forgive me for reporting what must be
something pretty mundane for someone living on the West Coast.

Mike
Louisville, KY