Old September 14th 08, 06:44 PM posted to alt.ham-radio,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default The Strange True Story of a Radio Station's Transmitter in NewYork State

Mike Y wrote:
And while I realizeit's quite possible to get 'shocks' off an
induction
coupling that essentially goes to a high impedance, it's a far cry from
being
able to 'power a house' with a broadcast transmitter that wasn't designed
for the purpose.

The original story that I heard about 40 years ago is
that it involved 60 Hz high-voltage power lines. A
farmer is supposed to have built an induction coil
in a shed directly beneath the power lines and picked
up free energy.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com