Old September 14th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default SPECIAL: Liberal Fascist Hiel Hitler!

wrote:
On Sep 14, 10:20 am, Dave wrote:
wrote:
Very revealing how you so [conveniently] omitted the ACLU from your
post:

Only to you. I am concerned, but I am not now, nor have I ever been a
Communist (not that there's anything wrong with it...)

"About three years ago JOHN MCCAIN became probably the first
politician who declared the CIA a 'rogue agency.'"

"(...) the place [CIA] became more liberal in the 1990s as the agency
pushed out hundreds of longtime employees and the Clintonites put
their people in place."

Bush replaced career civil servants with unqualified political
appointees in every federal agency, including CIA. We will be very
lucky to undo the damage in time.

Colonel Kwiatkowski is a friend of Lew Rockwell, who works for the Von
Mises Institute, who you frequently cite.

Kwiatkowski, 43, a now-retired Air Force officer who served in the
Pentagon's Near East and South Asia (NESA) unit in the year before the
invasion of Iraq, observed how the Pentagon's Iraq war-planning unit
manufactured scare stories about Iraq's weapons and ties to terrorists.
"It wasn't intelligence‚ -- it was propaganda," she says. "They'd take a
little bit of intelligence, cherry-pick it, make it sound much more
exciting, usually by taking it out of context, often by juxtaposition of
two pieces of information that don't belong together." It was by turning
such bogus intelligence into talking points for U.S. officials‚ --
including ominous lines in speeches by President Bush and Vice President
Cheney, along with Secretary of State Colin Powell's testimony at the
U.N. Security Council last February‚ -- that the administration pushed
American public opinion into supporting an unnecessary war.

Until now, the story of how the Bush administration produced its wildly
exaggerated estimates of the threat posed by Iraq has never been
revealed in full. But, for the first time, a detailed investigation by
Mother Jones, based on dozens of interviews‚ -- some on the record, some
with officials who insisted on anonymity‚ -- exposes the workings of a
secret Pentagon intelligence unit and of the Defense Department's
war-planning task force, the Office of Special Plans. It's the story of
a close-knit team of ideologues who spent a decade or more hammering out
plans for an attack on Iraq and who used the events of September 11,
2001, to set it into motion.

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feat...01/12_405.html