Old July 27th 03, 10:21 PM
John Crighton

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:46:57 +0100, Paul Burridge
wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, John. It *does* make a lot of sense, I must
admit. Hadn't considered that possibility, to be honest. I've never
been a fan of dead bug construction - there's no satisfaction in
seeing the finished job - so may well have a stab at using regular,
proper-sized discretes along the same lines. And yes, there's no
shortage of space, either. Way to go over the long term, I reckon.
Thanks again.
--

"I believe history will be kind to me, since I intend
to write it." - Winston Churchill

Hello Paul,
since you are not keen on dead bug construction here
is a couple of websites that talk about Micron radio
control kits.

http://www.micronradiocontrol.fsnet.co.uk/

http://www.norcim.fsnet.co.uk/

I am sure there are other kits around, maybe someone
else will mention some.

Radio Control Models & Electronics magazine is still
around. Years ago there were lots of construction
projects. I don't know if the magazine still caters for
the do it yourself enthusiast. Decades ago it did.
http://www.hhc.co.uk/pages/show/entr...record_flag/59
You could enquire from them about build it
yourself radio 40 MHz radio control systems.

Here is another site with an article on interference and
servo connections and lots of other good stuff. Shows
your airtronics/(sanwa) servo connections.
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/hobby/hints.htm
No need to change servos with a different receiver.

Back to your interference problem. Is your operating
channel frequency smack in the middle of the 40 Mhz band?
If so, maybe you could try a different set of crystals, so
that you operate as far away from everyone else as
possible. Or simply just borrow a different set of crystals
in case there is a weird mix going on, just to eliminate
that possibility.

How did you go with Win's soft start motor controller?

Regards,
John Crighton
Sydney