Old September 16th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Quick Rooftop Antenna For Channel 2?

JoeSch wrote:
Thank you all for replying. Sorry to take so long to get back here.
I momentarily put the project aside because, after missing the first
game, (I posted the first message about an hour before game time,
lol), the Jets will be carried on my cable stations for the next two
weeks. Add the bye week into that and I had a couple of weeks to get
this thing together-there was no super-immediate rush. But I am going
to build this in the next week or so.

Since this is a ham radio antenna news group, I suggest that you look up
6 meter beam antennas. The 6 meter ham band is just below the US channel
2, so they would work fine for reception.

TV signals are horizontaly polarized, so make sure to orient
your antenna appropriately.

Since you are using it for recpetion only, no complicated matching
network is needed between the antenna and the feed line. 300 Ohm twinlead,
or a simple 300 Ohm to coax transformer will do nicely.

Geoff.