Old September 17th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] dfinn1@nc.rr.com is offline

Default small antennas

On Sep 16, 4:09*pm, John Smith wrote:
No, they are declining if you are talking about anything over 200m.
They are also losing spectrum for example in 40m to amateurs.

John, Quiz Question: Suppose you tried to modulate a 14 Khz carrier
with a 50MHz digital signal. Would that be possible? (Y/N) Where would
you locate the side bands? (________ and ________)

Yanno'? *This is all closely related to the "Personal Attack Ploy."
(also, known by other names)

However, this one goes, "I will think up an extremely complex trick
question from my gorgeously, exquisitely, intellectual mind. *I will
then trip up the "mark" with my beautiful complex and deep plan, and use
this error on "subject A" to prove his statement on past "subject B" is
wrong, by sheer implication ... " *I see this used on Cecil OFTEN, and
by the same ignoramuses a LOT ... I often wonder, "Is anyone here aware
enough to wonder if I see this or not? *If others here notice, or not?"
* ROFLOL!

Most of us tried this in grade/high-school, did not find we got the
results we expected, abandoned it, and moved on ...

You may wish to consider the same, or not ... however, I do see, with
the "resources" available here, this childish ploy is VERY much alive
and well! *And, I have noticed it is accepted as being effective, by
those ignorant to what it really reflects ... like the petty workings of
their small minds!

Somehow, this all reminds of a gathering of old men at a botchiball
court!, "elmering" a new "Botchiball Recruit." *scratches-head

Regards,
JS

heh heh...but we have it documented in this thread. You fell for it
the first time and after your posted your answer you saw what you call
the "trick" after thinking about it. Actually, I was only trying to
cut through the BS to let you see for yourself why HF is not so
valuable in today's information age in which only GHz level
frequencies and above are useful for practical quantities of
information transfer. But you did catch it, albeit your were a little
slow on the pick up.