Old September 19th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] gallant17@hotmail.com is offline

Default Radio Broadcasting, it's just business

It's sort of complicated in this wacky world and this thing called radio.

Bad product + good sales people = good sales people leaving to sell good
product, company forced to cut back or go out of business.
Good product + bad sales people = company cut backs until it goes out of
business.
Good product + good sales people + economy very bad + uncertain future +
advancing technology+++ = more cut backs..

New HD radio technology + tech issues + no consumer demand or interest. +
no workable HD revenue model for station owners + no listeners + pitiful
receiver sales + traditional radio ad revenues declining + dismal economy =
Tax payer bailouts.

Fasten your seatbelts, we're in for a bumpy ride.

We're headed for The Perfect Storm, not a pretty picture.
If this was a simple formula of hiring great talent and great sales people.
Plus providing a great new technology and content it would be a done deal.