Old September 20th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default FCC license

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I got my first class license back in the early 70s. Never really
needed it anywhere except to legally work on CB radios. I cant find it
and dont really remember if ther was an expiration on it or not. I
inquired by letter with the FCC a couple of years ago but never heard
back from them. I there a website that may have this data

Jimmie

I had one about the same time. They do expire every 5 years. There is no
longer a First or Second class license. They were converted over to a
nonexpiring General license. That thing is almost useless now. Most of the
old requirements to work on transmitters have been eliminated.
As your First class has expired, you will have to take the test again if you
want the General.

For more information:
http://wireless.fcc.gov/commoperators/pg.html