Old July 30th 03, 02:47 PM
NeoVolt

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
snip
If you follow a traditional
order of course work, you'll be in a BSEE program quite a while before
you get to much that you recognize as electronics, since you'll usually
start with calculus, physics, chemistry, and, yes, English. This is to
lay the ground work for you to be able to understand electronics at the
necessary level when it's introduced later in the program.

However this doesn't stop you from taking a more hands on electronics
course each year or each half year. Usually you will get a little leeway
in what order you need to take classes.

Another route to go is a trade school. A friend went to ITT and loved the
instruction method there. 2-3 hours of theory followed by 3 hours of
application. He now works for Altera on there Nios Development. System.

I was going to go to my local community college this coming fall but with
budget cuts they dropped over 100 courses which all seem to have come from
their Physics and Engineering departments. There isn't a single
"Electronics"
course offered.

Neo-Volt