Old September 21st 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Clarifying Space, "Ether" and Nothingness

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 11:23:55 -0700, "Tom Donaly"
wrote:

The god of Oppenheimer, Feynman and the others is not the god of
Sarah Palin, or even JB, whoever he is. Physicists, as a whole,
love religion, but they're not very good at it.

Hi Tom,

I think I will amend this statement to no particular affront to you. I
would say Physicists as a whole love God, they are secure enough not
to have to "prove it," and they find some unfortunate religious
zealotry as a curious mix of superstition, bigotry, and vanity. Every
scientist who marvels at his or her own limitations in the face of
discovery is in awe of creation. Everyone who wants to pigeon hole
creation into categories of truth, righteousness, and a means to
define morality have been swinging hammers on the crucifix for 2000
years.

They argue with a perverse ferocity like they can't sink that nail
deep enough.

I will return to my email with several who prefer to discuss antenna
design.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC