Old September 22nd 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Clarifying Space, "Ether" and Nothingness

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:33:40 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

1) Did God build an ether to be exploited? (and it sure does look like it!)

If the radio gods had meant for man to understand how such things
work, he wouldn't have made it so damn complicated.

2) And, if so, what type of antenna to do this would be required? (and,
firstly, is there any phenomenon occurring which would indicate an area
to explore in pursuit of this/these end(s)?)

Isotropic antenna. Works equally lousy in all directions for hearing
the big bang background hiss (the voice of creation). It's also
non-denominational, non-polarized, and non-existent. It can't be
seen, found, built, or purchased. Think of it as a miraculous antenna
that only the gods can appreciate and use.

As usual, man has attempted to mimic the gods by attempting to build
an isotropic radiator. It's close, but no miracle antenna.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/antennas/isotropic/index.html
Argh. The .NEC files have disappeared again. I'll fix (after I'm
done rebuilding an air compressor).

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D