Old September 22nd 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Clarifying Space, "Ether" and Nothingness

JB wrote:
... How does ether

affect the velocity factor of light?

Can't find my ether pump anyway, so we have do these experiments virtually.

Yeah, beginning there would be good, baby steps, at first ...

In the same way air affects the speed of sound, it limits its speed.

In some common units:

670,616,629.4 miles per hour.

983,571,056.4 feet per second (roughly one foot per nanosecond.)

186,282.397 miles per second.

I think the particles of a photon pass though the ether unhindered, why?
Now that is part of the whole question, isn't it ... perhaps it does
really "travel" at all ... there is that "odd statement" by Einstein,
motion cannot be held against the ether, for any logical observation.

Ether, apparently, is a true "lossless media" in the propagation of
waves ... well, that is how it appears from observation.

Regards,
JS