Old September 23rd 08, 06:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
elaich elaich is offline

Default MW DX'ing with Portables/Boatanchors

"Count Floyd" wrote in

What with all the big SW broadcasters calling it quits, lets all pull
out the portables and boatanchors and start cruising the good of BCB?
On my Hammarlund HQ-145XC, I Pulled in most east coast stations from
Maine to the US Virgin Islands on 1620kc. There are still thousands
of catches out there to get, as John Plimmer has shown. Might go back
to seeing how many states I can verify!

Oooh, kids, that's scary stuff! You'll need your 3-D aerials to actually
receive any of this stuff! Just $19.95! Make the check out to me - Count
Floyd. I handle all this stuff, so....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Bet I scared you that time, eh kids?
Heh heh.