Old September 24th 08, 07:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Help with slim jim nec model

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:50:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thanks for the effort Jeff, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be
compatible.

Can you read the .NEC file as a text file with an editor? I might
have tossed in a few extra carriage returns, word wrapped it, or
something equally stupid. Maybe some extra characters at the
beginning or end?

It won't open as an NEC file and I also tried giving it
just an NC tag. The closest I can get is importing it as a card deck,
but it says it has errors, and when I look at the code, it looks
totally different from other formulas that do work in the app.

An NEC file is a card deck. I have a Mac Cube with OS/X sitting in
the office. When I have time (which means after Sunday), I'll see if
I can feed it to cocoaNEC and see what breaks.

I'm pretty good at this stuff. I can do my own html and some other
code stuff, but I'm just having difficulty getting a grasp on this for
some reason. I did find a tutorial for NEC and read the whole thing,
but it didn't help much. I guess I'm not great with the scientific
stuff.

NEC user guide and manuals:
http://www.nec2.org

EZNEC 5 manual:
http://www.eznec.com/ez50manual.html

Basic Antenna Modeling by L.B. Cebik:
http://www.nittany-scientific.com/book/index_beg.htm

Advanced Antenna Modeling by L.B. Cebik:
http://www.nittany-scientific.com/book/index_inter.htm

Antennex Guest Room:
http://www.antennex.com/guests.html
Get a login and password. Lots of goodies inside including plenty of
tech articles, CD's full of past issues, etc.

ARRL Antenna Modeling page with plenty of documents and links at the
bottom of the page:
http://www2.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/antenna-modeling/index.html

NEC misc programs, docs, examples, whatever. Somewhat old:
http://www.si-list.net/swindex.html

There's probably more but that should keep you occupied for a while.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558