Old September 24th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rfburns Rfburns is offline

Default The Problem With Hybrid Digital

On Sep 23, 4:36 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Rfburns" wrote in message

On Sep 23, 1:48 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Rfburns" wrote in message

Eduardo - I never intended for you to comment. Therefore, I'm going
to ignore you. Have a nice day!

Yeah, don't let any facts get in the way, and keep on thinking most AMs
have
nice coverage.

Eduardo - You seem like a nice guy - you really you do - but as for
someone who thinks clearly enough to interpret facts..... I don't
think so. You're carrying too much baggage to be able to accurately
do that. You've been at you current position too long and are
essentially burned-out.

Hardly. I have only been at my current postion for a couple of years.

Anyway, this month brought news from Mexico that, like Canada, they were
going to provide a path for AM stations to migrate to FM since AM listening
is down to 20% in Mexico and AM stations are failing. About 80% could
migrate, and in areas where there are limited channels available even after
reallocating the band, the available ones will be auctioned.

This will make the path to in band digital easier, too.

But, unethical ****s like you will try and force hybrid digital down
the consumers throat and an inept FCC will let them. ****-ups like
you and Struble wouldn't make it on you own without constant
government assistance.

I made it on my own since I was a teen. What have you done?

By the way, where are the low power chipsets? I must have missed
them. Fortunately most private industry see it for what it is - a
dead end - and want no part of it. Now, spin that Eduardo.

They are being built into receivers now.

Who's building them into receivers now? Coby? Give me a break. Sony?
They can't sell what they’ve already made and have a history of making
products with technology nobody wants. Who Eduardo? Why doesn't the
rest of the world know this? If this were true your buddy Bob
"Booble" Struble would be shouting it from the housetops. Ibiquity
likes to make "forward looking" announcements and exagerates anything
that might be remotely positive about hybrid digital. Who's making
low power HD radio receivers?