Old September 25th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Help with slim jim nec model

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:44:26 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

It just keeps saying each line in that formula has a syntax error.
Hmm.

Yep. I just got the same error (after wasting 30 mins doing updates).

"Syntax Error in external declaration: identifier CM"

CocoaNEC can't even parts a CM (comment) declaration. Something is
wrong. I found the examples for CocoaNEC at:
http://homepage.mac.com/chen/w7ay/Manuals/cocoaNEC/Manual/examples.html
which work as expected. I figured out that it wants to import a .NEC
files as a "spreadsheet". However, when I try that with the Jpole
file, I get "Cannot open xxxxx. File may have moved or been deleted".
After that, CocoaNEC "quits unexpectedly" and wants to know if it
should stay dead or restart. Lovely mess. I'll work on it some more
later tonite or this weekend. I may even RTFM.

Incidentally, my Mac G4 Cube only has 384MB of RAM, which may be the
problem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_Cube

Well, I'll start reading all of that stuff... Maybe it will sink in.

Not if you can't run a simple model with CocoaNEC. Have you
considered switching to the dark side and getting a PC? I haven't
tried running 4NEC2 or EZNEC under Bootcamp or one of the Windoze
emulators on OS/X but that might be worth a try.

# 831-336-2558

#
http://802.11junk.com
#